Bike Wānaka –
supporting mountain biking in Wānaka for over 30 years.
Our priorities include building and maintaining an awesome track network, hosting mountain biking events, accessing discounts for our members and advocating for the interests of all people on bikes in Wānaka. Our volunteer committee comprises of eleven local bike enthusiasts from a broad cross section of the Upper Clutha community.
Our 2022 priorities are:
- Advocate for Sticky Forest to remain a recreational asset for the community
- Build new tracks
- Maintain existing track network
- Hold MTB events, accessible for all, throughout each year
- Provide great discounts and deals for our members
- Advocate for broader cycling issues in Wānaka
- Build strong relationships with partner organisations – DOC, QLDC, Lake Wānaka Tourism and Upper Clutha Tracks Trust.
- OUR CODE -
Trail etiquette is basically just good manners. We insist all our members commit to this code to keep riding fun for everyone.
- Stay in control
- Give way to walkers
- Signal your approach and pass with care
- Ride shared-use tracks in small groups
Respect the rules
- Ride only where permitted
- Obtain permission from private land owners
- Leave gates as you find them
- Be prepared – take food, water, tools, First Aid & warm clothes
Respect the track
- Don’t skid, cut corners, or make new lines
- Avoid riding muddy tracks
- Take rubbish home
- Check, Clean and Dry your bike between rides